- HIMSS 2013 Recap
Northumbria Healthcare Implements NextGate EMPI for Single Patient View
ARCADIA, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–NextGate®, a pioneer in healthcare indexing and registry solutions, today announced that the Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust completed the transition to the NextGate Multi-Language EMPI as their solution for Patient Centric View initiatives. Localized for UK demographics, the NextGate Multi-Language EMPI replaces an incumbent solution, and delivers more precise and configurable patient matching capabilities.
“The localized capability of the EMPI allows us to meet many NHS requirements, resulting in greater efficiency, lower costs, and ultimately better patient care.”
The Trust is a part of the UK National Health Service (NHS) and manages hospital and community health services in North Tyneside and hospital, community health, and adult social care services in Northumberland. It serves over half a million people in rural and urban centres across 3,000 square miles in the North East of England. The Trust required a truly enterprise-capable MPI to obtain a single view of all events relating to a patient’s care from the Trust’s support systems. With improved patient matching functionality and an aggregated view of patient records, the Trust implemented accurate and efficient patient search and matching in the Trust’s Single View Clinical Portal. The Single View portal presents patient’s data including appointments and scheduling, pathology results, radiology reports, PACS images, and clinical correspondence from the multiple systems linked through the NextGate EMPI.
The previous EMPI lacked flexibility for the Trust’s specific requirements, such as validating NHS numbers and optimizing matching algorithms for UK data sets. The NextGate Multi-Language EMPI is built on the MatchMetrix Technology Platform and provides UK specific algorithms for cleansing, standardizing, and matching data. Further, like all of NextGate’s registry products, the EMPI is extensible, making it simple for the Trust to implement the necessary inter systems validation.
“The NextGate Multi-Language EMPI improved our accuracy for patient identification and matching,” said Michael Mythen, Senior Programme Manager at the Trust. “The localized capability of the EMPI allows us to meet many NHS requirements, resulting in greater efficiency, lower costs, and ultimately better patient care.”
“We completed the EMPI conversion and went into production in just under two months”, said Dan Cidon, CTO at NextGate. “By design, the locale specific configuration of the NextGate Multi-Language EMPI significantly reduces implementation time, allowing our clients to get back to the needs of their patients as quickly as possible.”
NextGate transformed the landscape of healthcare data management with the release of NextGate Registries for Healthcare, an integrated combination of indexes, registries, and services built on the MatchMetrix Technology Platform. Capitalizing on over 18 years of design and delivery experience, NextGate creates MDM, Registry, and SOA solutions that simplify the discovery, coordination and management of data. NextGate – Transforming data into knowledge.
- 2009 Press / Announcements / Media
- 2010 Press / Announcements / Media
- 2011 Press / Announcements / Media
- CSC and NextGate Team for Centralized, Multi-Language Patient Registries
- Hawaii’s Leading Health Care Data Organization Selects NextGate EMPI
- Healthcare Organizations Rely on NextGate’s EMPI and Provider Registry
- New Consulting Company Exsede Brings Unparalleled Expertise to Meet Critical Demand for Healthcare IT
- NextGate and Pivot Point Consulting Partner to Enhance Complex Healthcare Processes
- NextGate News Sept. 2012: Tech for ACO, New Partners, New Corporate Office
- NextGate Provider Registry Passes HPD Profile; Ready for Deployment
- PriMed Selects NextGate EMPI to Support Safety for Hill Physicians Medical Group
- Wenatchee Valley Medical Center selects NextGate EMPI and Provider Registry
- Harrison Medical Center uses MatchMetrix EMPI for matching and linking patient information
- Hartford Hospital and NextGate Collaborate to Enable Health Information Exchange within the Hospital and with Physicians in the Community
- Health Information Technology Enhances Exchange Capabilities
- Misys Open Source Solutions (“MOSS”) and NextGate Collaborate to Enable Health Information Exchange
- New York City Improves Population Health With NextGate MatchMetrix Terminology Registry
- NextGate and NextGen Healthcare Form Partnership to Deliver Health Information Exchange Solutions
- NextGate Completes Interoperability Tests at the IHE European Connectathon 2010
- NextGate Completes Successful Testing at IHE Connectathon 2011
- NextGate Completes Successful Testing of MatchMetrix EMPI at IHE Connectathon 2012
- NextGate Launches MatchMetrix 7 and Healthcare-Specific Suites for Low Cost, Customized Health Information Exchanges
- NextGate Launches MatchMetrix Multi-Language for Low TCO Localized Exchange of Health Information
- NextGate Launches MatchMetrix v8 and the NextGate Registries for Healthcare
- NextGate MatchMetrix EMPI Leveraged For Health Information Exchange by Covisint for Beacon Grant Awardee Greater Tulsa Health Access Network
- NextGate Solution Protects Significant Investment in Monk Code via Java Conversion
- Northumbria Healthcare Implements NextGate EMPI for Single Patient View
- Orion Health Partners with NextGate for Centralized, Comprehensive Patient and Provider Registries
- PatientKeeper and NextGate form Partnership for Health Information Exchange
- Southern Illinois Healthcare Selects NextGate MatchMetrix 7 for EMPI, Patient Centric View, and HIE Initiatives
- The “NextGate Connect” Appliance for NHIN Connectivity
Testimonials“Assembling a complete patient record is particularly challenging in Hawaii because we have to accommodate different data systems, non-standard content, ...
NextGate EMPI handles complex challenge at HHIC“The NextGate Multi-Language EMPI demonstrates the flexibility, reliability and supportability required for international projects. This functionality enhances our single view ...
CSC Healthcare GroupNextGate's software provides the comprehensive features, flexible architecture, and real world usability we need to match patients between our health ...
Geisinger Health System