- HIMSS 2013 Recap
Hartford Hospital and NextGate Collaborate to Enable Health Information Exchange within the Hospital and with Physicians in the Community
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tel: 408-505-9032 408-505-9032
HIMSS 2010 Annual Conference
ARCADIA, Calif. and ATLANTA, GA—HIMSS Conference & Exhibition—February 28, 2010—Hartford Hospital, one of the nation’s “Most Wired” hospitals, is collaborating with NextGate in a Health Information Exchange (HIE) implementation and a separate work-flow integration project. With an aim to improve patient care, both initiatives rely on NextGate’s MatchMetrix indexing solution to uniquely identify a patient across multiple encounters and locations within the Hartford healthcare system and beyond.
“Being able to identify a patient quickly and accurately is crucial to our ability to provide high quality of care,” said Stephan O’Neill, Chief Information Officer and Vice President of Information Services, Hartford Hospital. “The NextGate indexing software was easily integrated with our growing HIE infrastructure to help us extract the full value from our electronic medical records (EMRs). It is further allowing us to establish EMR connections with the wider community of physicians in Connecticut.”
Unique Patient Identities
Based on open source technologies, MatchMetrix is rapidly implemented and cost-effective and enables Hartford Hospital and its partners to maintain their current systems and processes. It includes a full management suite to assist in resolving patient identity issues and complies with the Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) Patient Identifier Cross-Referencing (PIX) and Patient Demographics Query (PDQ) protocols.
“When Stephan O’Neill first approached me for help in setting up an EMPI solution some 15 years ago, almost nobody else even knew what it was all about,” said Andy Aroditis, Chief Executive Officer of NextGate. “Under Stephan’s leadership, Hartford Hospital has remained at the forefront of EMPI implementation and is now a great model of sensible information technology use for healthcare organizations around the world. We are honored to work with an institution that really strives to use technology wisely and safely. Plus, it feels very good to know that our technology is being used to help health care professionals enhance quality care for patients.”
At Hartford Hospital, the PIX protocol is vital to the institution-wide HIE now being implemented. With MatchMetrix at its core, this PIX protocol allows the system to uniquely identify an individual patient in order that all of their data from multiple HIE sites can then be accurately associated with them.
MatchMetrix also provides unique patient identities for Hartford Hospital’s Physician Electronic Medical Records (EMR) project. Through this project, the hospital is collaborating to install EMR technology solutions in physician’s offices in order to share patient admission, discharge, and transfer data via a central MatchMetrix implementation.
NextGate provides software technology and consulting services for Enterprise Indexing, Master Data Management, and Services Oriented Architecture-based solutions to Healthcare and other industries that need to efficiently and effectively integrate and analyze data. NextGate has been designing and deploying advanced data management solutions worldwide since 2005, with a legacy of development experience that stretches back to 1994. It raised the bar for its industry with the creation of the MatchMetrix™ MDM and EMPI Suite as an affordable, user-friendly and rapidly implementable answer to the complexities of the modern data environment.”
About Hartford Hospital
Hartford Hospital, founded in 1854, is one of the largest teaching hospitals and tertiary care centers in New England with perhaps the region’s busiest surgery practice. It is a member of Hartford Healthcare Corporation, a large, diversified health care system. The hospital is an 867-bed regional referral center that provides high-quality care in all clinical disciplines. It has an active medical staff of more than 900 physicians and dentists within 17 departments. Major centers of clinical excellence include cardiology, oncology, emergency services and trauma, mental health, women’s health, orthopedics, bloodless surgery and advanced organ transplantation. Hartford Hospital owns and operates the state’s only air ambulance system, LifeStar.
- 2009 Press / Announcements / Media
- 2010 Press / Announcements / Media
- 2011 Press / Announcements / Media
- CSC and NextGate Team for Centralized, Multi-Language Patient Registries
- Hawaii’s Leading Health Care Data Organization Selects NextGate EMPI
- Healthcare Organizations Rely on NextGate’s EMPI and Provider Registry
- New Consulting Company Exsede Brings Unparalleled Expertise to Meet Critical Demand for Healthcare IT
- NextGate and Pivot Point Consulting Partner to Enhance Complex Healthcare Processes
- NextGate News Sept. 2012: Tech for ACO, New Partners, New Corporate Office
- NextGate Provider Registry Passes HPD Profile; Ready for Deployment
- PriMed Selects NextGate EMPI to Support Safety for Hill Physicians Medical Group
- Wenatchee Valley Medical Center selects NextGate EMPI and Provider Registry
- Harrison Medical Center uses MatchMetrix EMPI for matching and linking patient information
- Hartford Hospital and NextGate Collaborate to Enable Health Information Exchange within the Hospital and with Physicians in the Community
- Health Information Technology Enhances Exchange Capabilities
- Misys Open Source Solutions (“MOSS”) and NextGate Collaborate to Enable Health Information Exchange
- New York City Improves Population Health With NextGate MatchMetrix Terminology Registry
- NextGate and NextGen Healthcare Form Partnership to Deliver Health Information Exchange Solutions
- NextGate Completes Interoperability Tests at the IHE European Connectathon 2010
- NextGate Completes Successful Testing at IHE Connectathon 2011
- NextGate Completes Successful Testing of MatchMetrix EMPI at IHE Connectathon 2012
- NextGate Launches MatchMetrix 7 and Healthcare-Specific Suites for Low Cost, Customized Health Information Exchanges
- NextGate Launches MatchMetrix Multi-Language for Low TCO Localized Exchange of Health Information
- NextGate Launches MatchMetrix v8 and the NextGate Registries for Healthcare
- NextGate MatchMetrix EMPI Leveraged For Health Information Exchange by Covisint for Beacon Grant Awardee Greater Tulsa Health Access Network
- NextGate Solution Protects Significant Investment in Monk Code via Java Conversion
- Northumbria Healthcare Implements NextGate EMPI for Single Patient View
- Orion Health Partners with NextGate for Centralized, Comprehensive Patient and Provider Registries
- PatientKeeper and NextGate form Partnership for Health Information Exchange
- Southern Illinois Healthcare Selects NextGate MatchMetrix 7 for EMPI, Patient Centric View, and HIE Initiatives
- The “NextGate Connect” Appliance for NHIN Connectivity
Testimonials“Assembling a complete patient record is particularly challenging in Hawaii because we have to accommodate different data systems, non-standard content, ...
NextGate EMPI handles complex challenge at HHIC“The NextGate Multi-Language EMPI demonstrates the flexibility, reliability and supportability required for international projects. This functionality enhances our single view ...
CSC Healthcare GroupNextGate's software provides the comprehensive features, flexible architecture, and real world usability we need to match patients between our health ...
Geisinger Health System